Public seminar: The Islamic State in a Sunni Muslim Environment
Marking the 5 years of ongoing Syrian civil war, CRIC invites you to attend our seminar on April 1st.
Our panel of scholars specialized in contemporary Sunni religious politics will discuss the following central questions:
• What are the broader Islamic dimensions of the Syrian civil war?
• And how do these dimensions inform the emergence of the self-proclaimed Islamic State?
We, at CRIC, have the great pleasure of introducing:
• Peter Mandaville (George Mason University), who is currently on leave with the U.S. Department of State,
• Thomas Pierret (Edinburgh University), and
• Jakob Skovgaard-Petersen (University of Copenhagen)
The seminar will be moderated by Dietrich Jung, University of Southern Denmark.
The event will take place from 01:30-03:30PM, with coffee and tea served from 01:00PM.
The seminar is to take place at the Faculty of Social Sciences, building 7, room 7.0.34, Øster Farimagsgade 5., 1353 Copenhagen K.
The event is free to attend. However, please note that registration is required. Register at email@example.com. The deadline for registration March 29th.